Danaher Corporation Director, Health System and Physician Office Segment in Sunnyvale, California
Danaher Company Description
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for abetter wayand help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us atwww.cepheid.comor follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
Cepheid is recruiting for a dynamic Director, Health System and Physician Office Segment. This role will be based in Sunnyvale, CA.
Through strong leadership and comprehension of the true needs and expectations of the customer, the Director, Health System and Physician Office Segment will develop, manage and execute a compelling marketing strategy that aligns with organizational objectives to meet/exceed business revenue/margin goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Deliver and execute upon strategic marketing plan:
• Drive commercial strategy and direct marketing plans for Health System and POL Lab segments
• Support Strat Plan and OpEx planning
• Direct and prioritize Marketing programs and deliverables
• Monitor market data to identify North America market trends and opportunities
• Partner with Global Marketing, Operations, and the Sales team to ensure successful launch of new products
• Track and manage departmental budgets
Drive awareness and demand for Cepheid products and services:
• Direct and review advertising and promotional materials, including print and on-line media
• Direct content for outbound marketing campaigns via digital marketing channels
• Oversee tradeshows (planning, activities, collateral, lead generation, etc.)
• Establish and maintain relationships with key partners and stakeholders
• Deliver VIP customer programs intended to drive customer engagement and loyalty
• Liaise with Global Marketing and Marcom leadership to ensure consistency of global brand positioning, brand architecture, and messaging
Achieve business objectives and revenue targets:
• Drive lead generation and acceleration of opportunities into the sales funnel
• Map marketing/sales collateral to Marketing/Sales Funnel stages
• Support the planning and execution of the National Sales Meeting
• Facilitate DBS events and initiatives, including Commercial Growth Room, Segment Bowlers, Policy Deployment, PSPs and Kaizens
• Lead through DBS
Hire, develop, motivate and retain top performing teams:*
• Build and develop a world-class North American Health System and Physician Marketing team committed to high standards of achievement
• Reinforce continuous improvement and personal and commercial growth
• Create and sustain a culture of diversity and inclusion
Education or Experience (in years):*
• Bachelor’s degree (business or life sciences) with 14 years of experience in Sales, Marketing or Operations in the medical or diagnostic industries; MBA with 12 years of experience is preferred
• 5 years management experience and proven ability to assess, attract, retain and develop personnel
• Demonstrated experience of translating clinical value into marketing messages across lab, clinical/healthcare provider, health system and patient segments
• Experience working directly with thought leaders in relevant areas is required
Knowledge and skills:
• Digital marketing and leadgeneration/managementexperience is preferred
• Demonstrates knowledge of products and their application
• Communicates effectively and strong team player/collaborator with various internal constituents, customers and other stakeholders
• Excellent presentation skills; able to multi-task across broad number of products and disease states
• Must be able to sit for several hours during business travel
• Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Req ID: CEP004126
Cepheid is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.