Danaher Corporation Manufacturing Associate II in Sunnyvale, California
Danaher Company Description
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for abetter wayand help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us atwww.cepheid.comor follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Understand and adhere to safety policies and practices
• Follow Dry Room Procedures
• Follow documentation procedure (filling out Data History Records (DHRs), reading and understanding instructions from Work Release (WR), Planned Deviation Report (PDR) or Non-Conformance Report (NCR)
• Read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Manufacturing Work Instructions.
• Maintain cleanroom standards, practices, and housekeeping according to standard operating procedures.
• Set up and operate manufacturing equipment.
• Clean and maintain equipment and work area.
• Work under close supervision
• Assist Senior Operators
• Use tools such as microscopes, tweezers, and other hand-held tools.
• Perform in-process inspection of components and assemblies to verify quality conformance.
• Recognize any minor issues from the equipment and any affiliated documentations and take appropriate corrective action within scope. Notify Supervisors and Leads of issues and discrepancies immediately.
• Report causes of process and/or documentation and assist or coordinate resolutions.
• Perform several Manufacturing operations proficiently.
• Apply company policies and procedures to complete assignments.
• Conduct Shift PASSDOWN with peers
• Follow production schedules
• Follow acceptance criteria for equipment yield and efficiency
• Monitor machines and informs Supervisor and Lead of problems.
• Start and end batch runs
• Email the Manufacturing Engineering group explaining any downtime problems/issues.
• Perform label printing responsibilities
• Review DHRs
• Prepare and verify materials to be used as issued to work orders
Education or Experience (in years):
• 1-2 years of related experience
• High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience
• Experience in clean room assembly or Manufacturing in the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in FDA or Kema audits
Knowledge and skills:
• Knows how to read drawings.
• Understands Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Documentation Practice (GDP)
• Must be a team player and able to demonstrate willingness and ability to provide assistance to co-workers.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with peers, supervisors, manufacturing engineers, stockroom managers and leads. Able to understand instructions and batch records written and spoken in English.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Basic Computer Skills
• Ability to solve basic math problems
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Must be able to stand for several hours. Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.
• Ability to work directly with, handle or come into contact with chemicals or reagents.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Req ID: CEP002919
Cepheid is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.