Danaher Corporation Master Scheduler in Sunnyvale, California
Danaher Company Description
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for abetter wayand help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us atwww.cepheid.comor follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
Responsible for developing production/supply plans that take into account forecasts, availability of material and manufacturing capacity. Is responsible for identifying and maintaining the appropriate planning parameters in ERP systems to optimize subassembly production and raw material supply plans. May also be responsible for providing materials to manufacturing areas based on planned production schedules and for the appropriate shipping of finished goods to various distribution centers utilizing material handling equipment in support of management policies for customer delivery and inventory levels. Includes planners and inventory control roles.
Manages MRP process to convert demands into supply orders (manufacturing and purchasing requirements)
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitors accuracy of data (inputs and outputs) of the MRP process and makes corrections as needed.
• Oversees the master schedule and ensures comprehensive compliance with materials requirements for manufacturing.
• Reports to management and across business functions for routine planning updates as well as anticipated constraints or interruptions in the plan.
• Materials Department representative in cross-functional standing and ad hoc meetings.
• Manages inventory levels, particularly finished goods, to optimize customer service levels and business costs.
• Works to communicate and resolve anticipated or actual backorders, schedule interruptions, and shortages of materials and capacity.
• Performs critical analysis of material requirements from Production and Engineering drawings and documents in released or pre-released status.
• Drives cost savings and quality improvements.
• Creates the manufacturing forecast and load the planning database accordingly.
• Develops rough-cut capacity plans to analyze and negotiate resource requirements.
• Develops an executable master production schedule in accordance with shelf life and inventory guidelines.
• Minimizes inventory write-offs of inventory.
• Communicates scheduling and inventory status and issues.
• Incorporates new products or product improvements into the forecast and master production schedule.
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
Education and Experience (in years):
Bachelor’s degree in field with 5 years of related work experience OR
Master’s degree in field with 3 years of related work experience OR
Doctoral degree in field with 0-2 years of related work experience.
Knowledge and skills:
• Requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years related experience in a diagnostic, medical device, or pharmaceutical environment.
• Experience with SAP or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
• 5 years production planning experience with at least 2 years in master scheduling.
• SOP, GMP, ISO, JIT, and MRP experience.
• Familiarity with raw materials used in biomedical device, medical device, or pharmaceutical manufacturing.
• Proficiency with Word and Excel
• Knowledge of APICS principles.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Req ID: CEP004043
Cepheid is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.