Danaher Corporation Supply Chain Project Analyst in Sunnyvale, California
Danaher Company Description
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for abetter wayand help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us atwww.cepheid.comor follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
Supply chain planning leadership at Sunnyvale Facility
Establishedmethodologies with proven cross functional facilitation within operational projects
Holistic thinker focused system / process improvement for business needs and in FDA facility
Experiencedin science and chemical environment by formal education or work experience
*ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:*
• Development of balanced factory optimization schedules to ensure customer demands and factory utilization targets are achieved.
• Oversees master schedules for production and new product, ensuring comprehensive compliance with materials requirements for manufacturing. Incorporate in forecasts and master production schedules.
• Incorporate new products or product improvements into the manufacturing forecasts and master production schedules.
• Executes master production schedules relative to shelf life, inventory guidelines and requirements.
• Proven capable of providing analyses and using judgment to assess options. Expectation of concise communication with senior leaders to highlight issues and solutions with supporting data
• Provide analyses and judgment while assessing options. Expectation of concise communication to highlight issues and solutions with supporting data.
• Determines ERP driven material requirements and creates production execution schedules and maintains inventory at planned levels.
• Develop and facilitate proposals, to support organizing and conducting relevant, concise, data driven, professional presentations to leadership with recommendations.
• Create graphical scorecards supporting bowlers – summarizing information of what really matters
• Works to resolve (in case of design changes) labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions.
• Drives cost savings quality improvement projects and innovation.
• Executes manufacturing Purchase Orders for critical product work centers.
• Manage finished goods inventory to meet agreed-upon customer service requirements.
• Minimize inventory write-offs of finished goods inventory, intermediates and raw materials.
• Develop statistical models for predictive analytics as well as historical trending.
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
*Education and Experience (in years): *
Bachelor’s degree in field with 5 years of related work experience ORMaster’s degree in field with 3 years of related work experience ORDoctoral degree in field with 0-2 years of related work experience.
*Knowledge and skills: *
• Requires degree Bachelor's degree (prefer engineering). New college graduates ok.
• Prefer coursework in Operations or Analytics
• Prefer experience working with SAP or other inventory management systems
• Experience with SOP's, MES, and ERP strong benefit
• Candidate should be strong in Microsoft Word and Excel. SQL and Visio experience valued.
• APICS certification is a plus.
• Ability to work in an office environment
• The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Req ID: CEP004194
Cepheid is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.