Danaher Corporation Cost Accountant in India
Danaher Company Description
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for abetter wayand help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us atwww.cepheid.comor follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
· This position will be responsible for cost accounting / inventory control / production support and reporting of the business as well as statutory compliances at production site / contract manufacturing site.
· Implementaion of financial concepts and controls / performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Manages, prepares, administers and directs the control of the budget.
_ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:_
The incumbent will also be responsible for, but not limiting to the following duties / other duties may be assigned in addition to below:
· Ensure Standard Cost is set up correctly and actively involved in the stand cost roll up as per Cepheid guidelines;
· Review of Open orders Analysis WIP closure;
· Perform Variance Analysis. Identifying and Communicating actionable steps to address variance of PPV;
· Analysis of Over/under absorption indicating the root cause;
· Estimating the Labor Hour Rate and Overhead absorption rate based on Budget v/s Actual;
· Review of Scrap Process and ensure correct accounting of scrap on a monthly basis;
· Prepare and ensure the Budget is submitted in timely manner;
· Monthly review and management reporting;
· Actively participate in Tally / SAP Implementation;
· Inventory management;
· Review of Excess and Obsolete reserve as per Cepheid guidelines;
· Fixed Assets Management;
· Estimating the Standard cost at the time of Quotation and actively involved in discussion with commercial / marketing team;
· Develop and provide ad-hoc reports as required by the management;
· Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of the Company;
· Improve processes and enhance controls;
· Ensuring month-end close as per timelines and in accordance with Cepheid guidelines and US GAAP;
· Detailed Ledger scrutiny and GL management on a monthly basis;
*Education or Experience (in years): *
- Cost Accountant ICMA/ICWA with 5 year of experience and Strong experience in Manufacturing Finance. Experience in Tally ERP / SAP manufacturing will be an added advantage.
*Knowledge and skills: *
Must be detail oriented with well-developed organizational and analytical skills
Effective communicator of technical & non-technical information
Must have the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to be flexible and adaptable within a changing dynamic environment
Excellent team work and interpersonal communication skill
Good analytical skills & sound Judgment
Customer service oriented
Remains flexible and takes the risks necessary to achieve the business objectives in a compliant manner
Works with local process improvement teams to define resources, measures and tactics that contribute to achievement of company objectives
*Physical requirements/abilities: *
_PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional):_
· Able to travel through India and internationally
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-India-India
Req ID: CEP002689
Cepheid is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.